Basic Chromebook Handling Procedures:
1. Do not get your Chromebook until I release your row to do so.
2. Always take the Chromebook that matches the number of your assigned desk.
3. Unplug the Chromebook from the charger BEFORE taking it from the shelf.
4. Hold the Chromebook with two hands until you reach your desk.
5. Open the Chromebook slowly. Once opened, it should be at a 90 degree angle.
6. Always sign out at the end of the period.
7. When returning your Chromebook to the cart, please verify you are placing it on the correct shelf with the corresponding number.
8. Plug the Chromebook in so it can continue to charge.
Thank you to the Golden Valley Instructional Technology Team for creating this video and allowing others to use it!
How to add Bookmarks:
1) Visit the website you would like to bookmark.
2) Click on the star located on the right of the web domain bar at the top of the screen.
3) Choose the folder you want this website bookmarked in. If you want it across the top of your Chrome browser, choose Bookmarks Bar. If you want to store it in a folder, select New folder and name it.
4) If your Bookmarks aren't showing up on your Browser, click on the icon in the upper-right corner of the screen (three lines stacked atop of each other). Hover your mouse over Bookmarks and make sure Show Bookmarks Bar is selected.
During class today, Mrs. Buhrmann will model reminders on how to keep your Drive organized for the 2014-2015 school year and how to add bookmarks and add-ons.
Make sure these things are done by the end of the day on Friday, 8/22.
1) Fill out the Student Information Form located under the English II PreAP tab
2) Delete superfluous files from last year and/or add floating files to a designated folder.
3) Create new folders for your sophomore year including one for each of your classes.
4) Add suggested bookmarks. They include: AHS Homepage, Mrs. Buhrmann's website, any other teacher's website, Aeries Portal
5) Download the add-on Diigo and Easy Bib. To do so, open a Google Doc. Click Add-ons at the top and search for Diigo and Easy Bib. They are free and should allow you to download them.